الخميس، ديسمبر ٢١، ٢٠٠٦

Frederik; There's a Quran Under the Xmas Tree!!!

OK! I know it's absolutely ridiculous...but I've just spent the past two hours trying to verify this report by Alarabiya.net. They are claiming that "Danish Chrostians" are going absolutely bananas buying copies of teh Quran as Xmas gifts!!!!!!!!!

Yes I know, it's hillarious...it doesn't make sense! But I thought I'd Google it anyway...in Arabic and in English (damn it I wish I knew Danish)...and couldn't find anything.

Of course, Danish people could very well be buying the Quran. But what made me laugh so hard that I almost fell off my chair, is teh way Alarabiya reported it. And of course the readers comments.

It was reported and commented on as a victory of Islam over the infidel Danes who dessecrated the prophet of Islam by the infamous cartoons, and their steadfast defence of this...this...thing...they call "freedom of expression"?!!

Many readers launched into Quranic verses and pleas to Allah to guide the infidels to the truth of Islam. A couple of readers who were "switched on" warned their bretheren not to fall for this obvious trick by the Danes to buy the affection of the Muslim world and put an end to the boycott (ooohhh you're a clever bunch! couldn't pull the wool over your eyes!)

Whether this is true or not...and no matter what the reason Danes ar going crazy over the Quran...the main thing I came out with:
I really...really...pityy the naive ignorance of those who do not see outside the boundaries of their own world!

7 Comments:

Blogger Amenhotep®© said...

I wonder how come people still believe in such things???this is stupid and the part of comments to guide the infidele to Islam was so goddamn funny,as if these people never knew anything about it already especially after the cartoon wars,this is just pathetic.Guide them to Islam to become Iran instead of Denmark?come on

ديسمبر ٢٢, ٢٠٠٦  
Blogger CMinor said...

Yeeesh.

I recall a little of this being reported about the U. S. after 9/11.

I know Scandinavians are reputedly great readers, so if books are flying off the shelf it should come as no surprise, but I somehow have a hard time imagining mass conversions taking place there. I thought the Danes were a pretty libertarian lot, generally.

A blessed Christmas to you and your family, Bent, and prayers for the Copts in the coming year!

ديسمبر ٢٢, ٢٠٠٦  
Blogger CMinor said...

Oh, by the way--

I just machine translated your link (you might try this on the Danish sites--it reads kinda funny but you can get the sense of things.) A few observations:

1. It looks as if this new translation came out recently--doesn't it stand to reason it would be selling well right now?

2. It appears it's still behind the Bible--I've heard Denmark is rather irreligious anyway so if this is the case it may be a bit premature to celebrate.

3. 5000 copies of a new book in a month doesn't seem too impressive in a country as densely populated as Denmark--especially if there is a sizeable Muslim minority there.

It will be interesting to hear if this story gets beyond Al-Arabiya. I'll keep an eye out.

And maybe pick up some Havarti for New Year's, in the interest of freedom of expression.

ديسمبر ٢٢, ٢٠٠٦  
Blogger xavier said...

Nefreeti:
Most likely the Danes are buying the Koran all the better to know who the Moslems are. The Danes appear to be the least intimidated by all the funny faces and peurile threats the Moslems make there.
Aso I think this story is to bolster the Moslems' very weak sense of self esteem. It seems to be the riducule that they faced over the boycott of Danish products really stung them

xavier

ديسمبر ٢٢, ٢٠٠٦  
Blogger Bent El Neel said...

Hey guys
Thanks for stopping by!

I know how ridiculous it sounds :)
LOL

I mean, I have a copy of the Quran here...Pope Shenouda has an extensive Islamic library for God's sake!!!

LOL

ديسمبر ٢٢, ٢٠٠٦  
Blogger Bent El Neel said...

Cminor
Thank you for your lovely wishes...Merry Xmas to you all and your families :)

ديسمبر ٢٢, ٢٠٠٦  
Blogger علاء السادس عشر said...

عندما أقرأ التعليقات المصاحبة لمثل هذه الموضوعات على صفحة العربية نت كأسلام كاكا لاعب البرازيل أو القبض على الساحرة الأفريقية التى تطير بالمكنسة فى السعوديةأكتسب قناعة يائسة أن التغيير فى العالم العربى يحتاج لزمن طويل ممتلئ بالظلم والمعانة
لنا الله جميعاً
محبتى وأتمنى لك وللجميع عيد سعيد

ديسمبر ٣٠, ٢٠٠٦  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home