الخميس، أبريل ١٣، ٢٠٠٦

I'm Back!!

Hey everyone

Well I certainly missed blogging over the past few days. But here I am, late night snack and hot drink on hand, working week over for 4 days (yayyy) and the brain cells already firing up. Not that I have been completely away from the blog world. I must admit I checked in on a few of my favorite blogs and posted some comments here and there on my lunch breaks ;D.

So if you've posted me a comment or a question, look out for the response over the next few days. But first I have a few things on my mind that I want to share.

See ya around!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bent El Neel said...

Hi Pete.
I'm glad I'm back too and I also missed our conversations very much.

As for your question, you;re not being too nosy at all. I was born a Coptic Orthodox Christian. But my faith now is not just a result of being born a Christian.

In my teenage years I learned a lot about Islam (not a hard task when you live in Egypt) but we lived for a couple of years in a town where there were only about 3 or 4 Christian families. I was pretty much the only Christian girl in my year level at school. I dunno what his intentions were, but my history teacher at the time paid close attention to ensuring I learned as much as he could teach me about Islam. I got top marks (much higher than my Muslim colleagues)for Islamic history and he was bursting with pride. He may just have been a proud teacher who feels he fostered a good student and encouraged her to succeed...but he may have also been hoping I would embrace Islam as a result. Who knows?!

But all I got out of that experience is an immense closeness to Christ. I started to rediscover my own faith and had a new fervor for my church.

That's why I always say "I'm not just a Christian by birth...I am also a Christian by choice". I thank God everyday that I am counted one of His flock.

OK are u bored now?? Sorry Pete, I really did miss talking to ya mate. Forgive me for goin on and on :D

Take care and we'll talk soon.

أبريل ١٤, ٢٠٠٦  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home