الثلاثاء، مارس ٠٧، ٢٠٠٦

Stolen: Tereza Ghattas Kamal (2)

The Canadian Coptic Association have kindly allowed me to post the story of Tereza on this blog in Arabic and English. You can read the Arabic version in Stolen: Tereza Ghattas Kamal (1) and both Arabic and English versions are linked to the posts through the post titles.

If you do read Arabic you'll note that the English version is far tamer than the Arabic one. The Arabic article relays the events as told by the victim's brother and it details intimidation and abuse directed at the family of the victim by the police. There is also an account told by Tereza's sister where she says Tereza was approached by a Muslim man Motaz Mohammad Metwali and offered 5000 pounds if she converted to Islam.

The phone call where Tereza spoke to her aunt saying she wants to go back home is also mentioned. Here's what Tereza said:

"Why have you all left me? Theyve kidnapped me and are treating me very badly. They want to force me to convert and I don't know where I am"

The aunt had caller ID on her phone and the call was traced back to someone who works for the Egyptian State Security!!

Please pray for the safe return of this girl who is being held against her will. Pray also for the safety of all Egyptians, because if the security police are the ones committing crimes...what will the criminals do? More importantly, what will the innocent do?
Link

2 Comments:

Blogger DavidNic said...

May I link to this post? The fact that the call back went to someone who works for Egyptian security blows my mind.

مارس ٠٨, ٢٠٠٦  
Blogger Bent El Neel said...

certainly David.

مارس ٠٩, ٢٠٠٦  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home