الأربعاء، يونيو ١٤، ٢٠٠٦

FEVER!!! and what a lovely way to burn!

Thats right ladies and gentlemen...Fever is here!
And it now comes in new colours:

GREEN and GOLD

That is of course apart from the all time favorite AZZURRO

I am of course talking about the World Cup. Specifically about Tuesday morning (Monday night of you are in Europe). About our two teams winning their first games in the tournament.

But lets face it...Australia's victory was so sweet. Partly because it's the first time we ever score in the Cup. Also because many people doubted we could win any games once we got there.

So we sat there, my wonderful hubby and me, late at night watching the game. He tried to keep from yelling so as not to wake princess Angel up. We sat there simmering throughout the first 70 minutes of the game. Then I got up and announced I was going to bed. There was no point!! the best that can happen is that we'd draw...and that's not so ideal because it would increase the pressure on us when we play Brazil.

But i just lingered at the door. Just stood there saying, 5 more minutes and I'm gone! Then another 5 minutes...and that's it.

And boy am I glad I stayed!!!!

Because right at the end, right at the 83rd minute...the temperature soared. Still, a draw is not so good...but at least it's not a loss.

Then the green and gold fever truly exploded!

Cahill scored again!

Now we were both struggling to contain our excitement.

And then the brilliant Aloisi scored the third goal.

It was difficult to go to sleep after that high...but we knew we had to. Italy played Ghana at 5:00 am and it was after 1:00am when we finally went to bed.

Of course Italy won their game against Ghana.

Could it really happen? Could Australia go through to the next round?

You know, if Aus get second place in the group, and Italy get first in their group...Australia play Italy!!

That would be really interesting :)

Enjoy the fever, football fans....

AUSSIE! AUSSIE! AUSSIE!

and of course

FORZA AZZURRI

I wish we could also cheer for the Pharaohs...but maybe next time!

6 Comments:

Blogger CMinor said...

Not much of a fan myself, but I always root for the good ol' USA not to humiliate itself too badly!

يونيو ١٥, ٢٠٠٦  
Anonymous غير معرف said...

and then there was that Aussie bloke that, beer in hand, and in full volume, was telling anyone in the vicinty how good the Aussie team was... and how they'd conquer the world... till the Japanese scored and with defeat on the horizon ... he declared : They're all wogs anyway !!!
PS Their "status" was reinstated after Cahill's second gaol, and elevated to champs after Aloisi's

يونيو ١٧, ٢٠٠٦  
Blogger Bent El Neel said...

heheheheheheh!!! you're a crack up red :)
I can just imagine it too!

cminor: i know what you mean about making fools of oneself!!! thats what we're all hoping in Aus this time round!

يونيو ١٧, ٢٠٠٦  
Blogger Mohamed said...

You're to be envied.

In the Arabian area the ART bought rights of displaying World Cup 2006,and made prices so high.
But it will be so kind to let us watch the final match.
Also it let us know about results of matchs.So kind,isn't it?!!

يونيو ١٨, ٢٠٠٦  
Blogger Bent El Neel said...

Mohamed
I know my friend...believe me, i know how lucky we are.

what teams are you going for this world cup? its a shame Egypt isn't there...do you think they would broadcast it on free to air TV if Egypt was in the cup?

By the way, thanks for your comments on the other topic as well. at the moment, I really don't have much to add to what u and Xavier are saying, so I'll keep to the spectator role until I do :)

Good luck in your final exam and we'll talk soon.

يونيو ١٩, ٢٠٠٦  
Blogger Mohamed said...

Long live Egyptian team,Champion of Africa.
Long live Egypt,owner of big zero of Mondial.

Two facts which are so objected.

I don't think they would let us watch WC2006 IF we was in it,and the big proof is Tunis and Saudi Arabia.


I would like to clarify that the reply I'm waiting for from you is the reply on my comment dated 24 May.It has important and basic points which haven't been discussed between me and Xavier or David and hope to discuss it with you.

يونيو ١٩, ٢٠٠٦  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home