This Danish Affair
Naturally Muslims were outraged and offended. That was to be expected. After all, depiction of any prophet is prohibited in Islam. Fine so far.
Then the Muslim world just descended into hysteria...
threats were directed to the newspaper,
jihad declared against Denmark,
DEMANDS of apologies,
DEMANDS of punishment by the government to the newspaper,
And the madness continues with the burning of the Danish flag in Lebanon.
Now that is just ridiculous to say the least. A tantrum much like that of any self centered 2 year old who genuinely believes the world revolves around them.
I just have a couple of questions:
1) Why does the whole of the Islamic world believe the rest of the world are "enemies of Islam"????????
Is it because they view the West as the enemy, and so they believe the West must look at them with animosity?
2) Given the last question, why do Muslims still flock to the West and live in the midst of "their enemy"????????
Could it be that they want to bring the "light" of Islam to the world?? Save the sinners perhaps?? or is it just that good old hunger to take over and annihilate the other that has prevailed in the Islamic culture since its birth over 1400 years ago?
3) Why do Muslims expect the rest of the world to live within their boundaries?? It's prohibited for Muslims to depict prophets...I'm sure the guys who drew the pictures weren't Muslims...so what's the big deal??
4) Over the years there's been countless attempts to defile the image and word of Jesus Christ and His church...eg: the "piss Christ", and the Davinci Code.
How many death threats has the Vatican issued? hmmmmmmmmmmm
5) If Muslims are so riled up because their prophet has been insulted, and if as they proclaim over and over, Islam is the religion of peace and tolerance and equality, why is it they haven't fought the Davinci Code as vigorously?? In fact, the movie based on the book will be shown at the opening of the Masqat Film Festival and it has been heavily advertised.
Why haven't they said "You know what; this may offend our Christian brothers and sisters here in the Arab world. And since we are peace loving, tolerant, open minded Muslims, who were instructed by our prophet to treat the Chritians well and protect them, we just couldn't let that happen"
Oh sorry, just composing myself again...I fell off my chair laughing at that last one. God, my imagination runs wild sometimes.
6) Finally, why did their delegation who is touring the Muslim world feel they needed to beef up the cartoons a bit and add two falsies? Is it because the original 12 weren't really that bad? Or is it because they're just dishonest people? Or is it because they don't think anyone will care???????
I'd like to conclude this by saying I pray to God every day that the Danes don't apologise. The Islamic invasion of my old world has seen the demise of all rights and freedoms (except your right to choose Islam, death or humiliation that is). Please don't let this Millennium witness the defeat of these rights and freedoms in Europe too.